Internet, I am hungover.
Which, given the fact that my 24th birthday was yesterday, is hardly surprising.
No, sorry, I can’t lie. I didn’t even drink (that much) yesterday. Unlike the year before (and before and before and let’s be honest, before). Truth is, I’m getting old, internet. Let me explain.
Things That At One Point Interested Me That I Have No Interest In Now:
- Drinking a lot just to get drunk, for no particular reason.
- Feeling the need to finish alcohol, no matter how terrible it tastes/ full I feel/ drunk I am.
- Making up crappy excuses to get out of things I don’t want to do.
- Wearing makeup.
- Putting effort into being popular.
- Pretending to like people I hate.
- Eating McDonald’s.
- Gin and tonics. Also, Goldschlager. Also, shots.
Things That Now Interest Me That I Had No Previous Interest In:
- Being clean.
- Organizing things.
- Saving money.
- River Monsters.
- Interior decorating.
- Ordering delivery food.
Things That Interested Me In College That Still Interest Me:
- Cooking shows.
- Pablo Neruda.
- Learning how to speak French using the smallest amount effort possible.
- Teeny tiny bottles of things.
Truth is, I’ve done a crap load of growing up over the last year or two, and it’s weird and scary and I don’t quite know what to make of it. I mean sure, I like who I am and where I am much better than who I was. Old me was, quite frankly, a bit of an ass.
However, at the same time, I know it’s just going to keep happening, and I don’t like thinking about who I could end up being. Am I going to be some too politically correct to use the term “crap load” on her on blog? Will I still have a blog? Am I going to end up in a hippie nudist commune? There’s totally still a lot of time for me to lose what few, few marbles I have left and join a hippie nudist commune. At least by then weed will probably be legal (although it will still be objectively gross in every way).
Birthdays always make me a little introspective, internet. How about you?